Storage in Central Paris
Luggage / Parcels / Bicycles / Skis / Surfboards
Movement of luggage and parcels around Paris, and to or from Paris Airports
For shipment of luggage, parcels, or cycles within Europe, see this page.
Looking for luggage storage in Rome? Look at our friends’ service, here.
These services are available to all, even if you are not participating in one of our organized trips, or renting one of our Paris apartments. Details and prices are on this page. We do not supply quotes for storage (we simply refer you to our price chart, below), but we are happy to confirm your calculation if you are unsure of it.
On this page:
Luggage / cycle / ski / surfboard storage are offered in our Paris office, 150 m (4 city blocks) from Châtelet - Les Halles métro / RER station. Space is guaranteed to any case or parcel whose storage is reserved at least 48 hours in advance. Reservations are recommended for storage periods of longer than 3 days, also for any storage of 5 items or more.
Walk-ins are welcome if space is available (our storage room can fill, especially during holiday periods).
See the bottom of this page for information on how to reserve storage space.
We are linked by direct rail shuttle (“R.E.R.”) or métro line to both Paris airports, to 6 of Paris’ 7 rail stations, and to the Gallieni long-distance coach terminal. These links take you to other pages.
|PRICES for Storage
Please note that weight limits are strictly applied .
Occupational health / safety regulations govern the handling of pieces heavier than 23 kilos, which must be charged at higher rates.
|Cost of storage, per piece, for...
|2 - 10 days
||11 - 90 days*
Bicycle: standard, not
boxed / bagged / crated.
No luggage, equipment, or other belongings attached.
For cost of storing a boxed or crated cycle, see below.
10€ / Cycle
10€ fixed charge,
3€ per day of storage
30€ fixed charge,
1€ per day of storage
Luggage, maximum weight of 23 kilos / 50 lbs
Size: 61 x 61 x 92 cm / 24 x 24 x 36 inches.
Also applies to pairs of skis, bagged or not, neither short dimension greater than 12 in / 31 cm
6€ / Piece
5€ fixed charge,
3€ per day of storage
25€ fixed charge,
1€ per day of storage
Luggage, weight of 23 - 34 kilos / 50 - 75 lbs
Size: no dimension greater than 122 cm / 48 inches
Also applies to
• empty standard cycle cases, regardless of dimensions
• recumbent cycles, regardless of dimensions
• snowboards, regardless of dimensions, oversized ski bags
9€ / Piece
(luggage or board)
12€ / cycle or cycle case
Per Piece or Cycle:
8€ fixed charge,
5€ per day of storage
Per Piece or Cycle:
45€ fixed charge, plus
1.5€ per day of storage
Luggage, weight greater than 34 kilos / 75 lbs
Size: any dimension greater than 122 cm / 48 in.
Also applies to tandem cycles, adult tricycles, and to surfboards, regardless of dimensions; to boxed or bagged cycles, and to cycle cases which are not empty.
Acceptance of such pieces is at our discretion.
Boxed or bagged cycles and surfboards are always accepted, provided space is available, but the cycle or surfboard container may not contain any additional articles (such articles may, of course, be stored separately).
Higher rates may apply to exceptionally large, awkward, or heavy pieces, or to pieces which smell bad or have irritating bumper stickers on them.
12€ / Piece
(luggage or board)
15€ / cycle or cycle case
10€ fixed charge, plus
€ per day of storage
60€ fixed charge, plus
€ per day of storage
Please note: discounts are not cumulative. If you qualify for more than one discount, the largest discount for which you qualify will apply.
- * Storage of 91 or more days: use the 11 - 90 day rate, then add half the applicabale day rate for days 91 and beyond.
- “Days” run midnight to midnight for the purposes of pricing. For example, a piece dropped off at 5p on Tuesday, and picked up on Wednesday morning, is charged for two days.
- Access to baggage during its period of storage requires that you end one storage period, and start a new one. Thus, if you must add items to or remove items from your stored luggage, you must remove the piece from storage, and then re-register it, thus starting a new storage period. While you do not pay twice for the day on which you access your luggage (the pick-up date is free if the piece is re-registered the same day), you do pay a new fixed charge (if applicable), and the benefit of any longer-term pricing is lost.
- Early retrieval of pieces (i.e. retrieval in advance of the reserved pick-up date): if your piece was stored for 11 or more days, please notify us at least 3 business days in advance of your new pick-up date. Long-term pieces are stored off-site, and must be brought to our office for the day on which they are to be claimed. No special arrangement needs to be made to retrieve pieces stored for 10 or fewer days in advance of their storage term, as they are stored on site.
- Extension of a long-term storage period is possible at the “11-90 day” rate, provided you send your new pick-up date at least 3 business days prior to the initially-reserved pick-up date. With less (or no) notice, the piece will return from our long-term storage facility to our office. Additional days will then be chargedat the short-term (2 - 10 day) rate until you contact us and tell us what to do, or claim the piece. If you are leaving it for 11 or more additional days, you can have us return it to long- term storage, but a new “fixed charge” applies.
- A 25% discount on the total storage price applies to any client who has also purchased a railpass through us.
- A 50% discount on the total storage price applies to guests who, at the time of storage, are booked to travel (or who have already travelled) on one of our escorted cycle or train tours in the same calendar year. Storage of 1 piece is offered for free to this group if a cycle panier is additionally rented.
- A 10 or 20% “group” discount applies for storage of multiple pieces of luggage (does not apply to bicycles), reserved at least one week in advance, and left for at least 3 days: 10% for 5 or more pieces, 20% for 10 or more pieces. Additional pieces added after the initial reservation is made do not qualify for discounted rates. To qualify: all pieces must be deposited and claimed together, and a single payment made for all storage. For the purpose of cancellation, each piece is considered to be deposited separately.
- Prohibited Articles in Stored Luggage
- Any type of gun, firearm, ammunition, explosive, or weapon.
Incendiaries, including flammable gases, liquids and fuels.
- Any food, or other product susceptible to attract rodents or insects. Sealed food is allowed for storage of 10 or fewer days.
Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials, such as liquid bleach, tear gas, mace, radioactive and harmful bacteriological materials.
Batteries with acid that can spill or leak.
Fragile items, including but not limited to electronic equipment. Laptop computers and handheld devices may be packed, but we accept no liability for damage. We nonetheless handle fragile items with care, if we know about them.
- Unclaimed articles become the property of Blue Marble Travel, and are disposed of 30 days after their last paid day of storage. Any proceeds from the sale of such articles are used to settle accumulated storage charges. No refund or compensation is due to the former owner of the stored article(s).
• Storage charges are paid at the time of reservation, if storage is reserved, otherwise at the time of drop-off.
• If luggage is left for not more than 15 days longer than the anticipated term, the balance due can be paid when the piece(s) is / are claimed. Additional days are charged at the short-term (2 - 10 day) rate for your piece(s), unless a long-term storage period is extended with at least 3 days’s advance notice.
If you leave your luggage past the date of initial storage, there is a financial advantage to telling us that you are doing so (lower storage cost for long-term pieces). See also our note on “Unclaimed Articles.”
Luggage is subject to inspection upon drop-off (see above for prohibited articles), and a passport or other official identity card must be shown.
Luggage is stored in a baggage room which is only accessible to our staff, but which is not otherwise locked. The storage charges shown on this page include 300€ worth of insurance. This insurance is valid if the entire piece is stolen, or if a locked piece has had its lock forced, and contents removed. Unclaimed articles are not insured. Plastic security seals are not considered locks, as they can be inadvertantly torn off if the piece is moved. The fact that the piece was locked must be attested on the claim receipt given to you at the time that the piece is left, otherwise the piece is not considered to be locked. The contents of unlocked pieces are not insured. Luggage locks can be rented from us for 2€, if desired. Lost keys then cost 15€, lock cutting is an additional 10€. Yes, this happens. Often.
Additional insurance is available at a rate of 10€ per 300€ of insured value, per indivisible 4-week storage period. This additional insurance must be subscribed when luggage is deposited.
We are not otherwise responsible in the event of a theft of any sort, of your luggage or its contents. It is probably worth mentioning that, in 25 years, we have never had any sort of theft. We were angrily accused once, but the accuser’s iPod materialized in his girlfriend’s pocket. He left in a huff, apparently suspicious that we had planted it there. But we digress. Since you will probably be the first victim of a theft, we suggest you not leave objects of high value in your luggage....
This is a particular issue if you have packed a flimsy suitcase with 40 kilos of books. Yes, the cheap plastic handle will break when we move the suitcase to the storage room. No, we will not buy you a new suitcase, nor pay to repair the handle. While we exercise reasonable care in moving and storing your belongings, we do not offer any insurance concerning the case itself, nor indemnify you in the event of damage to the case: you must be sure that your case is robust enough for the use you are making of it.
Getting to Our Office
Instructions on reaching us from airports and rail stations can be found on our contact page.
We can also pick up and deliver luggage at airports and rail stations.
Jump directly to: Storage — Paris Airport Transfer — How to Reserve or Cancel
Paris Pick-up and Delivery of Luggage or Cycles
To / From Airports, Rail Stations, Hotels, or Other Paris Locations
We can transfer your luggage, parcels, and bicycles between Paris locations (airports, rail stations, hotels, our office...).
Note that these prices are for the transport of luggage and / or cycles without humans.
For transport of humans + belongings, see Paris Station / Airport Transfers.
Arriving in Paris: we meet your flight or train, take your luggage as you come through customs or off the train, and deliver it to the Paris location of your choice.
Departing Paris: we make the Paris pick-up you request, and deliver to your transport hub or other destination at the time you request.
Service is by reservation, and subject to availability at the time of the reservation.
PRICES (per one-way transfer)
Base Price, for pick-up or delivery in normal business hours (see “Notes,” below, for extra “off-hours” charges)
Includes the first piece of “normal” luggage, or the first unboxed (rollable) standard bicycle (see “Notes,” below).
- Between either major Paris airport (Orly or Charles de Gaulle), and the city center:
82€ from Orly to any part of the city.
82€ from Charles de Gaulle to the right (north) bank of the Seine, except postal code 75016 and 75116
92€ from Charles de Gaulle to the left (south) bank of the Seine, and to postal codes 75016 and 75116
Price also applies from or two any suburban rail station (Massy-Palaiseau, Chessy / Marne-la-Vallée / Disneyland, La Défense, etc.). Suburban rail stations are defined as rail stations on this map.
- Add 20€ to or from an airport hotel at Orly or CDG, or any suburban location within 500 m of a railway station
(other suburban locations on request)
- Between Beauvais airport, and the city center: 142€ (airport hotel at Beauvais: 162€).
- Between central Paris locations, such as rail stations, rental apartments, hotels, or our office: 60€
Paris rail stations are Austerlitz, Montparnasse, St.-Lazare, Nord, Est, Lyon and Bercy.
- Between any suburban location within 500 m of a railway station, and another suburban location within 500 m of a railway station: 124€
Price is 101€ if the two suburban locations are within the same quarter of the suburbs, as, for example, CDG airport and Disneyland.
- +20€ for a boxed or bagged bicycle, weighing no more than 28 kilos / 61 pounds (+50€ for a heavier boxed or bagged bicycle, up to 34 kilos / 75 lbs.), or for a surfboard. Note that no other items are permitted inside the cycle / surfboard container, except as necessary for padding.
- For the purposes of pick-up and delivery, normal business hours are 9a - 7p Monday - Saturday, excluding legal French holidays. See below for off-hour charges.
Additional pieces transferred at the same time are charged as follows:
- 16€ per additional piece of normal size / weight, up to 4 (5 total pieces).
Cost for movement between two central Paris locations is 12€.
- 10€ per piece beyond 5 pieces.
Cost for movement between two central Paris locations is 8€.
Bicycles / Surfboards
- 50€ per additional boxed standard bike, up to 4.
- 32€ per additional unboxed bike or surfboard, up to 4 (10€ to or from city railway stations).
- 22€ per bike beyond 4, whether boxed or unboxed (12€ to or from city railway stations).
A 25% discount on these rates is available to participants in our cycle trips
Discount does not apply to the extra charges listed below.
Additional charges apply as follows:
- Waiting time / no-show charges.
- Waiting time is charged if you do not respect an arranged meeting within 30 minutes: 10€ per indivisible 15-minute increment. Additionally...
- If we are delivering to you, and you are more than 2 hours late, the articles will be returned to our office at your expense. A payment for our waiting time (previous term) will also be due for 60 minutes.
- If you are giving things to us for transport to Paris or elsewhere, and are more than 2 hours late, the meeting will be abandoned by us, and no refund will be due.
If you are seriously delayed, be sure to call our office, to limit extra charges, or to ensure that we are still waiting, as appropriate!
- Off-hour meets. These extra charges apply per meeting, regardless of the number of bags or cycles.
- Between 7a and 9a or between 7p and midnight Monday - Saturday, all day on Sunday and legal French holidays: +20€.
- Between midnight and 7a, any day of the week: +50€.
- Paris storage charges apply if delivery is to our office, and the article(s) is / are not claimed the same day.
- Oversized and / or heavier pieces can be transported at the following prices:
- Pieces with at least one dimension between 92 and 122 cm (36 - 48 inches); and / or weighing between 23 kilos / 50 lbs. and 34 kilos / 75 lbs, are subject to a 50% surcharge.
- Tandem cycles, and pieces meeting any of these three criteria:
(1) one or more dimensions greater than 122 cm (48 inches)
(2) 2 or more dimensions greater than 92 cm (36 inches)
pieces of over 75 lbs. / 34 kilos
Write to our Paris office, email@example.com, with your precise request. When they can be transported, they are charged 1.5 times the price of a “normal” (up to 23 kilo / 50 lb) piece.
- If only one of several pieces is oversize or overweight, it is considered to be the first piece of the shipment.
- Higher rates will apply to exceptionally large, awkward, or heavy pieces, such as pianos or vaulting poles.
Prohibited Articles in Transported Luggage
Most of these are solidly in the “duh” catagory, but note the proscription on prescription medication.
- Any type of gun, firearm, ammunition, explosive, or weapon.
- Incendiaries, including flammable gases, liquids and fuels.
- Large, sharp objects such as axes, ice picks and swords.
- Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials, such as liquid bleach, tear gas, mace, radioactive and harmful bacteriological materials.
- Batteries with acid that can spill or leak.
- Fragile and/or valuable items, including but not limited to electronic equipment. Laptop computers and handheld devices may be packed, but we accept no liability for damage, and they are not insured for transport.
- Prescription medication. Such medication may be packed if (and only if) it is sealed in its original, unopened container. We accept no liability for damage, and such medications are not insured for transport or against late delivery.
If luggage is delivered more than 15 minutes late to any meeting for a reason other than force majeur / “act of God,” a full refund of the delivery cost is made. If luggage is delivered more than 30 minutes late, double the delivery cost is refunded. The same damage / theft insurance applies as during storage (see above).
No further damages / compensation for late delivery can be provided, in any circumstances. It is worth pointing out: in 25 years of operation, we have never been delayed even 15 minutes in any delivery. We understand the importance of on-time delivery, and make all reasonable efforts to ensure that we provide it.
Jump directly to: Storage — Paris Airport Transfer — How to Reserve or Cancel
How to Reserve (or Cancel) services on this page
We guarantee availability of storage space if your reservation is received by our closing time, at least 2 business days before your drop-off. If you are making your reservation at least this far in advance, you do not need verify availability before doing so. Our business days are Monday - Saturday, excluding legal French holidays.
For example, and assuming no holidays: a reservation made by our closing time on Monday, for drop-off on Wednesday, will always be honored. A reservation made for Monday drop-off is guaranteed if made by close-of-business on Friday.
To reserve luggage storage or transfer, two (2) steps are necessary.
No reservation is considered made until both have been completed.
- Tell us what you would like to reserve (baggage storage, airport pick-up, etc.), and for what dates.
Write to our Paris office, or call +33 1.42.36.02.34.
- Pay for the service you are reserving.
You may pay securely online by credit / debit card, or by cheque / check, posted to the appropriate office.
If you reserve by phone, and for amounts under 100€, you may also communicate your credit card information orally.
If you are unsure of the weight of your bag(s) or the duration of their storage, pay the minimum weight or period. You will pay the difference (if any) upon check-in / transfer..
If you are coming to see us in our off season (roughly, November to April)...
- ...make an appointment. Criteria for doing so are here: making (and guaranteeing) an appointment.
Appointments are essential (and carry an extra cost) if you need to come and see us outside of our regular opening hours.
Appointments can be made without charge during our regular hours.
We will promptly acknowledge receipt, and confirm the service’s availability to you.
Reservations allow you to guarantee that our storage facility (or transfer service) will be available for you.
If you are booking space at the last minute (with less than 2 business days' notice), please wait to receive our e.mail confirmation before relying on the service. While we do everything we can to accept your items, our storage room can fill, especially during holiday periods.
Reservations are not necessary (nor available) for the storage of 4 bags or fewer, for 3 or fewer days, unless you need to ensure our presence in the office during our off-season (see our working hours for details), or at an hour when we are normally closed (see off-hours appointments). Otherwise, we can always fit short-term storage items in somehow.
All cancellation deadlines refer to business days, by our closing time.
So, for instance, to cancel stroage 2 days prior to your planned drop-off date, you would need to contact us by our close of business two days prior, not including Sundays or legal French holidays.
Cancellation charges for individual travellers (not participating in our cycle trips) are as follows:
- At least 6 business days (1 calendar week) in advance: whichever is greater of 5€, or 10% of the service contracted.
- Between 5 and 2 business days prior to the date of the reserved service:
Luggage storage, whichever is greater of 5€, or 10% of the charge.
- Luggage transfer: whichever is greater of 10€ or 20% of the charge.
- On the business day prior to the date of the reserved service:
- Luggage storage,
whichever is greater of 5€ or 20% of the charge.
- Luggage transfer: 50% of the charge.
- No refund can be made if the contracted good or service is not claimed / used on the date for which it was contracted.
Services which are discounted for travellers on our cycle trips are subject to the same cancellation terms as the trips themselves. Those conditions may be consulted here. Non-discounted services carry the cancellation terms specified above.
If you must curtail or cancel a reservation for a service charged by the day, such as Luggage Storage, cancellation penalties apply only to the first 5 days cancelled.
- Example 1: a bag reserved for 30 days' storage, and for which storage is canceled on the day prior to drop-off, would have a cancellation cost based on a 5-day storage period.
- Example 2: a bag is stored for 30 days. It is claimed 10 days early, on day 20, without prior notification. Day 20 is charged. Days 21 - 25 are subject to the cancellation charge of 5€ or 20% of the storage charge, whichever is greater (5€ in this case). Days 26 - 30 are refunded in full.
For the purposes of cancellations and refunds, days are indivisible.
In the event of a “no-show” (you simply do not arrive on the pre-arranged date to claim a service you have reserved, nor do you cancel the service), services charged by the day, such as Luggage or Cycle Storage, are considered to be canceled on the day following the first date of the reserved period. Conversely, the reserved service is guaranteed to still be available on that date. You may thus arrive a day late without warning us of your late arrival, and without risk of losing your reserved service.
Example: luggage storage reserved from April 15th would be considered to be cancelled on April 16th if you did not arrive by the end of that day. No refund would be due for April 15th or 16th.
Cancellation charges for whatever period follows, starting on the 17th, would be the greater of 10€ or 20% of the rental or storage cost as calculated from the 17th, and for a maximum of 5 days.
The following internet search terms all refer to luggage storage in Paris, discussed above.
bag deposit in paris
bag deposit paris
bag storage in paris
bag storage paris
baggage deposit in paris
baggage deposit paris
baggage storage in paris
baggage storage paris
parcel check in paris
parcel check paris
parcel storage in paris
parcel storage paris
left baggage in paris
left baggage paris
left luggage in paris
left luggage paris
luggage deposit in paris
luggage deposit paris
luggage storage in paris
luggage storage paris
paris baggage deposit
paris baggage storage
paris left baggage
paris left luggage
paris luggage deposit
paris luggage storage
paris short-term storage
paris suitcase deposit
paris suitcase storage
short-term storage paris
suitcase deposit paris
suitcase storage paris
The following internet search terms all refer to luggage or passenger transport in Paris, discussed above.
Paris Airport Transfers
Paris Airport Shuttle Service
Paris Bicycle Transport