Directions to the Gare de Bercy from
- Hôtel Bellevue et Chariot d’Or
- Hôtel Ducs d’Anjou
- Our Office, or our Guest Apartments
Allow 35 minutes for this trip (30 minutes if you are starting from the Ducs d’Anjou, and already have a métro ticket), from the time you cross the threshold of your lodging (or of our office), to the time you reach your train’s platform. This estimate includes 15 minutes for floundering around. Add more if you think more floundering will be required.
Step 1: Getting to the Métro.
From the Hôtel Bellevue et Chariot d'Or
- Walk out the front door of the hotel and turn right. You will be on the rue de Turbigo, walking with the flow of traffic. Walk one block, to the first intersection, with the busy Boulevard de Sebastopol (traffic flowing to your right).
- Cross the Boulevard de Sebastopol, and turn right on the far sidewalk, thus following the Boulevard de Sebastopol in the direction of traffic.
- 2 short blocks ahead, you will come to the entrance of the Réaumur-Sebastopol métro station. Enter the station. Now see step 2, below.
From the Hôtel Ducs d’Anjou
- Walk out the front door of the hotel and turn right. You will immediately come to the Place St.-Opportune, home to an ornate métro entrance leading into the Châtelet station..
- Enter the métro via this. If you do not have a métro ticket, they can be purchased from the tobacco shop at the top of the stairs, on your left hand as you face the staircase.
- Follow signs to line 14, in the direction of Olympiades. These will lead you through a series of passages and down many stairs, to a platform. Just keep following the signs.
- Now see step 3, below. Step 2 does not concern you.
From our Office, or our Guest Apartments
- Walk out the door of the office and turn left.
- Turn immediately right at the corner, onto the rue Tiquetonne.
- Turn left at the first opportunity, onto the rue Française.
- At the end of a short block, cross the street that you come to (the rue Etienne Marcel), and turn left once across, to follow this along its far sidewalk.
- A block away, you will come to the Etienne Marcel métro station (on the far side of the rue de Turbigo). Enter.
Step 2, Riding métro line 4 to the Châtelet station (Ducs d’Anjou guests enter the métro at Châtelet)
Whether you have entered the métro at Réaumur-Sabastopol or Etienne-Marcel, the instructions are now the same.
- Follow signs to line 4, in the direction of Porte d'Orléans. These will lead you to a platform.
- Take any train that comes on this platform, to the Châtelet station (3 stops from Réaumur-Sabastopol, 2 from Etienne-Marcel).
- Get off at Châtelet, and follow signs for line 14, down a narrow flight of stairs (to be found 2/3rds of the way to the back of the line 4 platform).
- Turn left at the bottom of the stairs, to come to line 14 at the end of this corridor. The far platform is direction Olympiades, and this is the direction in which you wish to travel, to Bercy, your destination.
Step 3, Riding Line 14 of the métro to the Bercy station
- Take any train that comes on this platform, and ride to the Bercy station (2 stops). Get off there.
- There is only one exit from the platform. It will bring you to a mezzanine level, still underground.
- From the mezzanine level,
follow signs for Gare de Bercy. You will now surface, and must walk a block along the Boulevard de Bercy, continuing in the direction you are facing as you come to the top of the stairs, to get to the station.
At the end of the block, the station is across the street to your right, up a flight of stairs / escalators. It is labled in large letters Gare de Paris Bercy. You will see a logo for SNCF, the French national railway.