Day Trip to Versailles
A flexible, go-when-you-please package, using the fast, frequent trains that run to Versailles from all over the city.
Catch your train to Versailles without having to spend an hour figuring it out, or waiting on line for a train ticket. Skip the ticket lines at the chateau. After your visit, return to anywhere in the city. All on whatever schedule you please: trains operate every 15 minutes throughout the day.
Jump directly to...
Our package includes...
- Train to Versailles, via your selected route, from any point in Paris.
Three different rail lines serve Versailles, departing from 5 different Paris stations. We offer tickets via any route, and which include a free métro ride to get you to the station. You may even return to the city via a different line.
- A step-by-step instruction sheet that explains how to find and ride the train, where to get off, and how to walk to the château.
We even tell you which side of the train to sit on for the views during the trip.
If you are starting from our central Paris office, or staying in one of our guest apartments, our instructions get you right to the train.
- Ticket for entry to the château and gardens, OR to the gardens plus Marie Antoinette’s Trianon pavilion.
- Tickets include entry to either the château or the Trianon pavillon (the one you choose must be specified at the timeyou order), since this is usually enough for one day. But if you are feeling ambitious, a “passport” good for both is available for 5€ additional.
- Tickets do not include entry to the gardens during the grandes eaux musicales, a music-and-fountain display staged once or twice per week during the spring, summer and fall, and lasting 2 hours, nor on weekends or Tuesdays from April thru October. These can be purchased at additional cost, or at the château, without waiting on the main line.
Other special events may restrict access to one or another part of the gardens or apartments at specific times, but the place is so huge, you can’t get to it all in one day, anyway.
- A train ticket back to Paris, including a connection via métro to your final destination within the city.
- 35€ for the first adult (château audioguide included).
17€ for train and route guide only, no chateau entry. 22€ for château entry and route guide only, no train.
- 28€ for each additional adult 18 and older.
The audioguide is included.
11€ for train only, no chateau entry.
17€ for château entry only, no train.
- +5€ for a ticket valid for entry to both the chateau and the Trianon pavilon.
- 11€ for “youth” 12 - 17, accompanied by an adult
The audioguide can be rented at the chateau for +8€.
- 7€ for children 4 - 11
The audioguide can be rented at the chateau for +8€. for +8€).
E.mail us (email@example.com), or stop by our Paris office. Here is where to find us.
If you order via e.mail, you may pay for the package by credit card (payment is necessary to order).
Be sure to tell us...
- ...the date of your visit. Château tickets are date-specific, and must be ordered at least a day in advance.
- How many tickets you would like, and the ages of each member of your party (adult, youth 12 - 18, child 4 - 11).
- Whether you would like tickets for the château, the Trianon, or both. And...
- ...where in the city you will be starting from (and returning to, if different). This lets us select the appropriate rail route.
The package can be picked up in our Paris office, or sent to you by regular post at your risk, at no additional cost. If you wish traceable delivery, please add 10€ to the total price.
Château tickets are not refundable once purchased. Rail tickets returned to us will be refunded as follows: 4€ / adult, 2€ / child. No other refunds can be made.